Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A vision of Health

My mission is to empower people with the tools required to live an abundant and healthy life. In order to accomplish this task I must first look at what exactly a healthy life is. Some may percieve health as simply the absense of disease, however my vision goes beyond physical health.

I'd like to create an illustration about what a "healthy life" is to me. Say life is a journey, picture a road of sorts, and moving down the road is a wheel, I'm going to call it the "wheel of health". In this wheel are 5 spokes each representing a different area of our health; physical, mental, social, spiritual, and financial. The strength of each of the spokes effects the efficiency and the movement of the wheel, if one spoke is broken the entire wheel can collapse. Good health could be defined as a balance between the 5 spokes.

Taking the analogy a step further, we can actually increase our health, by growing longer, stronger spokes, therefore expanding our wheel. A larger wheel means we can cover more ground on the road we are traveling.

Depending on our situation we tend to focus on strengthening different spokes of our wheel at different places on our journey. That's life; if you've got a flat tire you've got to pump it up.

How many of us feel like we are traveling down the road with an oval wheel, or worse a flat tire? Whatever your motivation is to become more healthy I encourage you to seek out the resources to do so.

Having expertise in the physcial aspect of health I aim to be a resource to people seeking strength in thier physical "spoke". Not blind to the fact that all the spokes play a role in our physical health, I will challenge you in all areas.

I see an opportunity for others who are more versed in other areas to help me out; I am looking to connect with other "health experts" in order to offer a wealth of resources to my readers and clients.

I Challenge you to create your own vision of health. What does being "healthy" mean to you? What does it look like? Share your thougths and ideas, we can all be inspired by each others goals and creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Great vision for a blog!!! :)

    One suggestion I would have is to do a spot on all-natural and/or non-toxic cleaners. I've used products from Nature Clean (http://www.naturecleanliving.com/) and Seventh Generation (http://www.seventhgeneration.com/) and would highly recommend their products. Nature Clean's all purpose cleaning lotion works for washing dishes, fruit/veggies, tile, and even hand washing clothes and does an excellent job. Save-On stocks products from both companies and the products are mixed in among the competitor's brands of "regular" cleaning products, and are competitively priced. Last time I was in Home Depot I noticed that they stock a variety of a natural cleaners as well, although can't recall which brands they have nor have I used any of them.

    ReplyDelete